Eating raw can be quite a challenge but there are things that are easy enough to make as long as you keep plenty of ingredients on hand.
Maca is a Peruvian root that the native peoples have been using for many years as an energy and healthy supplement that is said to have dozens of purposes such as increased energy and alertness.
Hemp, well... I'm sure you know all about hemp. The fact of the matter is, hemp is one of Mother Nature's real super plants. Hemp has been used to make everything from rope, clothes, and plastic, to food, flooring, and a cure for cancer!
tools you'll need to make this
- nut milk bag
- 10 oz dried dates
- 3 quarts of filtered water
- 3 limes, juice
- 6 oz raw, shelled hemp seeds
- 3 oz raw maca powder
- soak dates in lime juice and water for 10 to 60 minutes (you could leave it over night if you wanted but, I made this quick)
- in the Vitamix, zip the dates lime juice and water mixture until the liquid is brownish and the date centers are broken up a bit and are start making less noise (you'll know what I mean when you make it)
- pour date juice into a nut bag and let the liquid drain until there is nothing left but a red paste in the bag (I was in a rush, so I squeezed the bag out)
- put the date liquid back into the Vitamix along with the hemp and maca then blend for at least a full 2 minutes
- use in place of milk or liquid in smoothies or whatever you want, I made a Banana, Blueberry smoothie with it and everyone loved it!
Let me know if you us this Maca Hemp Milk in anything and how it comes out!
See the original recipe at VeggieNook.com